get social

          

Tuesday, 3 September 2013

Worry, Worry, Worry...

As much as I know it shouldn't, it really bothers me when people don't like me. It's almost as if I have to please people, or go out of my way just to make sure they're alright and that I'm not offending anyone. I'd love to life my life carefree, being oblivious to what others opinions of me were...but it's hard.




When I read a piece of criticism I can almost feel my body sink , I really wish I didn't...you know, that I was one of the people who could brush a snide comment off. Considering I want to become a journalist, this is something that I know I must snap out of, but I guess I am a sensitive person.

I can dish out the non-stop critique...but can I take it? No. I'm a complete bitch when it comes to this, but once someone hits a sensitive spot, that's me...crumbled. My comments are meant as a joke with no harm intended, and I'd like to think the opinions I receive are too...but how can we ever be sure? This over-analysing sense of attitude I have however, allows me to stand up for myself, to work on the things that other people do not necessarily agree with.

With no real point to this post, I just wanted to share my feelings... that sometimes it is alright just to care a little about what other people think. Just as long as we don't live to please them.


“You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.”


― Eleanor Roosevelt


x



No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS