get social

          

Sunday, 21 June 2015

Dad's Day & What It Means To Me

"Anyone can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a Dad."

This quote is plastered all over my house: from plagues to fridge magnets and mugs in my kitchen. For me the title of a 'Father' means nothing, but a 'Dad?' That means everything.

I've been very fortunate in my life where I've been given the privilege to have one amazing Dad, and a Dad that never really was. A Dad who would beat all the other Dads in a World's Best Dad competition; and a Dad who just couldn't be bothered.

Growing up I didn't see much of my Father, and I've always been really lucky to have my step-dad (who I class as my 'real dad') by my side. Father's Day, to me, is a total money-making holiday but I like the fact I can thank my 'real' Dad for always being there for me, when at the beginning, he didn't really need to. The point of this post isn't to jump into my private life, but to remind everyone how great the man (whether that be a Father, Dad, Grandad, Uncle, whatever) is who raised us.



You go guys!

Eve xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS