get social

          

Tuesday, 9 June 2015

Weekend Away: Bristol & Cardiff







Thursday - Sunday my best friend, Hannah, & I spent a long weekend in Bristol, and travelled through to Cardiff for the 1D concert (my ultimate guilty pleasure!) 




Here are some of my holiday snaps!






                               
       Christmas Steps, Bristol                                                              Misquoted Sign, Bristol



                                                           Pirate Ship-style Boat, Bristol 






View from the Suspension Bridge, Bristol                                       Suspension Bridge, Bristol


Cathedral, Bristol                                                                                      Millennium Stadium, Cardiff


Vintage Market, Cardiff




 Classic 'pre-night out' selfie                                                                          Souvenir Stall, Cardiff



Inside the stunning Cathedral, Bristol




Park outside the Cathedral, Bristol                                                    Millennium Square, Bristol


                                                  A picture of one of many cocktails, Bristol




Christmas Steps (2), Bristol                                                Stage set-up of One Direction, Cardiff
























Cathedral, Bristol                                                          Flower Market, Bristol



As my birthday gift, Hannah had got me a ticket to see One Direction, and we decided after finishing (and passing!) 2nd year of uni, we'd take some time off and have a girly weekend! It was great to spend some one-on-one time with her as I'm really going to miss her when she goes off to San Diego in September to study abroad for a semester. The concert was amazing & we even managed to sneak into better standing, which was a great laugh. Oh, and McBusted were supporting them (which brought back childhood memories *plays Year 3000*)

Bristol itself is such a beautiful city! The atmosphere is so laid back- the sun was shining and there were plenty of beer gardens, which equals my kinda place. Along with cute little side-streets and vintage markets, the night life was brilliant. I would recommend a city break here to anyone!

Eve xo

8 comments:

  1. Bristol looks lovely and glad you had a good time at the concert, it's always fun sneaking into the better standing area ha!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      It really is such a lovely place, I had never been before. The harbour is such a cool place to just sit & relax.

      Ha ha, I know! We were so excited to sneak past security.

      Eve xo

      Delete
  2. Oooh, Bristol and Cardiff looks gorgeous! I'd love to visit one day but I hope you had a fantastic time there <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks lovely! I really had a great weekend :)
      We were soooo lucky with the weather aswell, which was an extra bonus. I'd definitely recommend both cities if you ever get the chance!

      Eve xo

      Delete
  3. Bristol is such a lovely city! I've never been to Cardiff but would love to visit sometime. What a fabulous girly weekend!

    Miranda xxx http://mirandasnotebook.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      You're right- Bristol is lovely. That was my first time & I loved it!
      Although we didn't see much of Cardiff, what we did see was amazing. There were Welsh choirs singing in the streets :)

      Thanks!
      Eve xo

      Delete
  4. Oh I just felt a tiny bit nostalgic thinking about Busted and McFly lol :) never mind, we're all allowed a few guilty pleasures! Cardiff and Bristol look cool, I've never been there, but I'll have to make a trip sometime. I love the look of the Cathedral and the pirate ship! Girly weekends are the best :) x

    ♥.•*¨ Amanda Says ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Busted were my childhood band so once Year 3000 came on it took me back!

      Aw, you should. I can't recommend Bristol enough (this was where our hotel was, so we saw more of this city than of Cardiff)! Yep, you're right! Girly weekends are fab.

      Eve xo

      Delete

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS