get social

          

Thursday, 25 June 2015

Why Growing Up Shows You Who Your Real Friends Are


"You're not 19 forever, pull yourself togetherrrr"

This year I turn 20, and I know it isn't a huge deal or anything but I can't help worry if this means my childhood days are officially over. Does this mean I have to start making conscious life decisions now? 

Over the past few years, I've started to realise which kind of friends you need in your life, and which ones you don't. No two friends are the same, and luckily for me I have some great ones surrounding me in life. My best friend & I have known each other since Nursery age (around 3 years old) and most of my other friends I met through school & uni. But as we grow up and experience different things in life, it allows us to see who is truly there for us in a time of need. Whether that time of need be something emotional, or just wanting a drunken chat at 3am. 

I mostly see my best friend at least once a week (and btw, she's moving to America for 4 months so be prepared for some needy posts in that time!) and my other girlfriends & I try to make a conscious effort to see each other as much as possible. Trying to fit in days/nights out around busy uni & work schedules is very difficult. I'm very lucky to have these ladies in my life: from boy trouble to family issues, they've always been there for me. Yes, we have a small group of just us 4 but it works out so much better that way- no drama, unwanted bitchiness and it equals trust.

When I started uni (not that I found it difficult as such) I didn't really make that many friends. It worried me a little, seeing everyone's blog posts about just how amazing uni was and how much they loved it. Truth is? Uni is ok. It is not the be all and end all of life. Thankfully, the more I progressed through uni I have made some amazing friends! But if it hadn't been for my great friends at home, I would have struggled, and I'm a pretty friendly/open person. 

Growing up allows you to *in the words of Pheobe Buffay* "phase people out". Although, I haven't been able to do this to some people I still hang around with, leaving school showed me who was there for the long run. I'm the kind of friend who will insist you text the minute you get home from a night out, or who will cancel an event to come see you just to make sure you're ok. I like that characteristic about myself: I'm a loyal & dependable friend. 


I've learned that throughout life, you'll come across many types of friends:


1. The one who will be there no matter what.




2. The one who will make you laugh until you pee yourself.





3. The one with the greatest advice in the world.




4. The one who only contacts you if they need something.




5. The one who hates the same people as you do.





6. The one who you always seem to get drunk with.




7. The one who is nice on the surface but issues back-handed compliments.




8. The one who is your complete and utter soul mate. Aww.





Eve xo

2 comments:

  1. No two friends are the same friend. I think this is great, I love that you're soo honest <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right- they're all different!

      Thank you so much :)

      Eve xo

      Delete

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS