get social

          

Monday, 17 August 2015

Edinburgh Fringe Festival

Last week my friend & I took a trip through to Edinburgh to experience the amazing fringe festival! As many of you know, my best friend (Hannah) is leaving for America to study for 4 months, so we decided to have a day just the two of us before she goes.

Edinburgh has always been my favourite UK city: from the amazing old-style buildings to the overall atmosphere of the place with friendly people. I could easily live there. 

We got the train at 10:30 and made a full day of it. We wandered around the shops for a bit on Princes Street then had a look at the stalls which are set up for people to sell their handmade goods during the festival. My favourite part though is watching all the varied street acts. There really is something for everyone in Edinburgh- from comedy acts, to dancing and singing, and loads of theatre productions.

I'm a huuuge Shakespeare fan myself, and was hinting that we should go see the all-female production of Othello, but I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, ha! We strolled up to the Royal Mile and watched a few more street acts until we stumbled upon an Acapella group. It was like a live Pitch Perfect, so we got ourselves tickets for that show later on.

Along with afternoon tea at Monboddo restaurant in Edinburgh's Double Tree Hilton, we went for some amazing cocktails at The Dome.

Here are some of our pictures from our great day out:













Eve xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS