get social

          

Thursday, 20 August 2015

Trying To Find A Balance In Life

It's only a month until I go back to uni to start 3rd year; y'know the start of the years that actually matter? The ones that go towards your degree.


Fair to say I'm crapping myself. The work load is not only going to get bigger, but also harder. Aaaand on top of that I have a job and a blog and a social life to keep up aswell. Life is so stressful, woe is me. Blah blah. I'm sure you're all reading this thinking 'everyone is thinking or doing the same thing, get over it.' But sometimes it is hard to find that perfect balance in life.

That balance where you're uni grades are good; where you're working sufficient amount of hours to actually be able to buy/do stuff; making sure you're meeting up with friends regularly to give yourself a break; and now, a new one for me, a blog to keep up. Don't get me wrong I love every single aspect of my life, but sometimes it does get a bit much. 

My plan for this semester (starting September 14) is to be in control. In control of my days and evenings and to make sure I prioritise. Uni will obviously come first (if it didn't, why the hell would I be there?!) and then my social life, then work and then my blog. I'm hoping - since I'm studying Journalism- that my blog may go hand-in-hand with it; that I could pass it off as actually promoting and practicing my writing...well let's hope anyway.  

When I was at school self discipline was my thing- I was always the one that studied a lot, worked hard and got the grades I needed. But thinking back on it, that was probably because I was made to do it- by teachers and parents. At uni, no one really cares if you do it or not; it's all on your own accord with no appraisal or constant encouragement. Now, I'm not saying it is a bad thing, this is what life is about. No-one is going to give you a map to life, you just have to figure it out. 

And that's fine,I know I'm more than capable of doing so....but when friends and fruity cider and netflix are calling you out, it can be a bit hard to stick your head in a book. Hopefully (since me and most of my friends are in the same boat) I'll find a way to get back on track. The 4 month summer probably doesn't help either ha ha.

Now, I'm not one for creating study timetables or anything (I live my life by lists) but I'm hoping I can get into a routine. Mondays could be work during the day, then uni stuff at night; Tuesday uni during the day and out with friends later on. Once I find a balance, I know I'll be able to feel much more in control and actually feel like I'm getting somewhere.

Hopefully.




Eve xo

3 comments:

  1. I'm in the same boat! Just started my 3rd year in August and it's been a little crazy trying to keep up with everything! I think it'll figure itself out eventually!
    E.B
    slightlyflightyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, 3rd year is stressful already! Hope everything goes okay for you :)

      Eve xo

      Delete
  2. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! For more information check out my latest post at reviewswithmichelle.blogspot.co.uk
    Simply Michelle xo.

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS