get social

          

Tuesday, 12 January 2016

GOTHIC LITERATURE








Today I picked my seminar slots for the second half of 3rd year at uni & they look not too bad.


I mentioned in an earlier post that I wanted to change my degree from English & Journalism to just Journalism. However, I emailed student programmes and they informed me I would need to pay the good part of a grand in order to sit modules that I would need for a single honours.

I think, really seriously about it now, I would rather just stick to the two, as much as English fills me with dread every time I think of it, as it will allow me to broaden my degree.

When the time comes, I may only finish in the one subject; or do two dissertations.

One of my modules for this semester includes this reading list:


Richard Matheson, I am Legend
Robert Bloch, Psycho 
Ira Levin, Rosemary's Baby 
William Peter Blatty, The Exorcist 
George R R Martin, Fevre Dream 
Patrick Süskind, Perfume 
Katherine Dunn, Geek Love 
Bret Easton Ellis, American Psycho 
Patrick McGrath, Asylum 
Michel Faber, Under the Skin 
Sarah Waters, The Little Stranger 


Having seen quite a few movie versions of the books on the list (with American Psycho) being my favourite, I'm pretty excited to start the course.

This is only one of my modules (and have a lot more reading to do on top of this) but, so far, this seems the most interesting.

Have you read any of these books?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS