get social

          

Saturday, 16 April 2016

MY 5 FAVOURITE NUDE LIPSTICKS RIGHT NOW






Nude lips seem to be the No 1 trend right now with everyone jumping on Kylie Jenner's bandwagon....and I'm not gonna lie. I love the trend.

For me, I always like to do a strong, smokey eye teamed with a glowy foundation finished and some false eyelashes. I'm all about playing up the eye with different eyeshadow pallettes! 

Unless I'm going out-out, then I don't tend to wear anything on my lips that stand out too much. Until recently I've always shy-ed away from a bold red lip (although I am becoming a bit more adventurous!), and stuck with my trusty nudes.

I feel like a nude colour is so versatile & goes with most make up looks as it just finishes off the overall style. 

Here are my top five nude lipsticks that I am loving right now:




Maybelline New York: Tantalizing Taupe (Shade 725)


I've had this shade for a while now and actually am running out. It is one I'd 100% re-purchase & I'm quite fussy when it comes to make up products.

It gives a matte finish but goes on your lips as quite creamy. You can go for a light layer which doesn't give much colour, or layer it up so it gives a nude-browny effect.






MAC: Honey Love (Shade 35)


One of my best friends bought me this for my birthday & I've got to say: it is my absolute favourite lipstick of all time.

It's a slightly darker nude but one I'd wear during both day and evening. I'd previously bought myself Velvet Teddy by Mac but felt it was a little too dark to wear with my everyday make up, and wasn't 100% sure if it suited my skin tone or not.

But this shade is an absolute dream and goes with everything. It doesn't make you look washed out, which sometimes nude lipstick can make you seem, and makes your lips look really natural.

I would highly recommend if, like myself, you find Velvet Teddy just that little bit too dark for your day-time look.






Rimmel: Nude Pink (Shade 206)

A little more pink than the other shades, this one is for days where I want to do something fancier with my lips but I'm not quite sure what.

This gives a glossy effect (shiny, but not lipgloss shiny) and kind of reminds me of something I'd find at the bottom of my mum's make up bag. But don't let that put you off.

This shade when applied is beautiful and instantly makes your face x1000 times brighter. It injects some colour and is the perfect summer/holiday shade.






MAC: Cremesheen Creme D'Nude (Shade AC4)

Unlike Honey Love this has more a creamy finish (hence the name) and doesn't quite give the same matte effect.

This is my favourite for a night out, especially when I've gone all out using nearly every shade in my Naked Pallette and have false eyelashes on. It's perfect for a 'barely there' look when you want a flawless finish.






Kiko: Shade 901

Having only recently started using Kiko as they opened up a store near me, I'm pretty impressed with their products. They're really affordable but give off a high-end quality.

Right now, this has been the lipstick that I've thrown in my bag when rushing out the door, or have reached for when I'm doing a basic make up look for either work or uni. It's such a versatile colour & goes with most looks.

The texture is between a matte and glossy finish, so perfect for all preferences.






What are your favourite lipsticks at the moment?





No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS